Potential airlock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am refurbishing an attic bedroom. I have removed the old radiator and run new piping to the opposite side of the room where the new radiator is to go. The new piping is already conencted to the system. I am moving the radiator to make better use of the space. As the room is going to be re-plastered the radiator pipes have been capped off with stop-ends. In the process of doing this I have had to drain water out of the system.

It is a sealed(?) system running off a combi boiler. As it is getting colder I would like to put the heating on.

There isn't a radiator in the attic at the moment. Can I just re-fill the system bleeding all the rads from ground floor up, therefore leaving the pipes in the attic full of air, or do I need to fit a radiator in the attic and bleed it to fill the system up and then remove the radiator? If so I assume I'll have to leave the rad taps on as I guess I won't be able to remove them and replace them with stop-ends whilst the system is pressurised.

All help / advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back