Potential property purchase with loft conversion-odd windows!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm going to see a property this week that looks great (online) and I'm doing my homework before I go to see it.

The property comes with a loft conversion that is marketed as a bedroom. I'm currently getting as much info as possible out of the EA on building regs sign off etc but that's all pending.

However, on the photos, I can clearly see that the two velux windows are different. They are a space apart on the same patch of roof, but one is longer and thinner, and the other is shorter and more squat.

Cosmetically, it looks quite odd, but I could live with it...

My question is, is anyone aware of a legitimate building reason to install different size windows? If there is a good reason for it, then fine, but if the builder just did it for no good reason, I would question what else they did quite strangely...

All help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
This section is for help with the new-look forum. Your plea for help would possibly get more replies in the correct section e.g. BUILDING or WINDOWS AND DOORS.

Ah...I see The Mods are awake for once and have now moved this thread...

Sponsored Links
Maybe one was an escape window (which used to be an option in BR to avoid having to use fire doors in the escape corridor).

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back