Potterman Boiler Problems Locking out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there , the last 3 weeks or so my boiler is locking out at lease once a day and i have to reset it to make it work again , has anyone else has this happen and does anypone know what would be the cause ??

should i get someone out to look at it or just carry on pressing reset when it locks ?
thanks in advance

Sharron

Sponsored Links
Hi there , the last 3 weeks or so my boiler is locking out at lease once a day and i have to reset it to make it work again , has anyone else has this happen and does anypone know what would be the cause ??

should i get someone out to look at it or just carry on pressing reset when it locks ?
thanks in advance

Sharron

It would help if you told us whether it is oil fired or gas and what model it is ;) ;)

spraggo

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler have a seperate red & green flashing light on the right hand side (under the cover) or just 1 single bulb that changes between red, amber & green?

Mr. W.

i have gas safety check done once a year and it was checked about 2 months ago for a different problem ,its a complete pain in the bum to be honest ,will have to ring up next week i think and get it checked again

Does the boiler have a seperate red & green flashing light on the right hand side (under the cover) or just 1 single bulb that changes between red, amber & green?

Mr. W.

yes it has indeed got the red and green light on the right hand side
and its the red light which flashes when it locks out

and its the red light which flashes when it locks out

Im fully aware of that, but thanks for clarifying!

If your a tenant, get the landlord/lady onto it. It aint your problem.

The usual suspects are: (all RGI territory)

PCB
Gas Valve
Ignition Lead.

Not neccessarily in that order! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back