Potterton 80e boiler - burn no longer than 30 secs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my Potterton 80e gas boiler. Basically the ignition stopped about a week ago (have been using water heating element). Once I found and pressed the reset, the ignition started and the flame burned for abou 30 seconds before going out. This now seems to repeat, I can get it ignited every time after resetting but will only burn for a short time (and yes the controller is on and thermostat / water cylinder thermo up high). I am hoping this is not the PCB as this cost me 240 quid to replace last time? Anyway of fault finding with limited experience and no instruction booklet?

Sponsored Links
Boiler will trip if no water is circulating. Have you done anything lately that could have introduced air into the system ? Worth checking all your bleed points in the 30 seconds that boiler lights (more likely to get air moving when pump is running). Failing that, put cold water mains pressure into hot tap for a few seconds as that may shift any air blocks enough for you to then bleed it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back