Potterton Baxi Main combi 30HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read a few comments on similar boilers to mine, ( Potterton 80he -instant 105e etc) and i have a strange problem, I have done all the checks, kept following the 'failure chart' and after reseting, kept coming up 'flame failure' ( about 8secs x 3 later) which pointed to sensor failure,( and maybe lead) I have changed the sensor, then pcb, followed by the air swts, even tried to fool the pcb once by using an old thermal link (that puts out uamp2-3) in order to just the check out the sensor, and pcb, as with the old sensor, ( should be 1uamp) but still couldnt get a reading up on my multi meter (I have several of them- tried em all) the lead test well, continuity and insulation, so changed flame sensor, (again) ( it should push out 1uA) still no reading and no luck, am beginning to think I have been sold a duff sensor, or maybe pcb, or perhaps my combi had inherent faults that are only known to Potterton /Baxi, any ideas- maybe I'll phone baxi tomorrow, cheers Dave
Solved it, did continuity check throughout the whole wiring, found intermittent fault on CH thermistor, bugger to find when coupled up and working - phoned Baxi earlier, the guy was very helpfull, but couldnt assist, hence me deciding to check all,- you need extreme patience with this one,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back