Potterton Boiler Locked out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Statesman flowsure plus oil fired boiler, unfortunately I let it run out of oil on monday, after having my oil tank filled today the boiler still won't start up and the lock out light remains on, I have tried resetting it and it makes noises like it is going to light up but then just locks out again. I'm not sure if this is due to an airlock or something else, and help would be greatly appreciated as I am freezing and desperately in need of a shower

Sponsored Links
its got a riello burner, and the fuel pump can be a pain to bleed. Also, if the pump is old, the slug of air going through it, might have fekked it.

Filter may be full of shyte etc etc, you get the idea......... :rolleyes:

Get someone out.

its got a riello burner, and the fuel pump can be a pain to bleed. Also, if the pump is old, the slug of air going through it, might have fekked it.

Filter may be full of shyte etc etc, you get the idea......... :rolleyes:

Get someone out.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea how to bleed it? I understand it is a pain to do, but I was just hoping to try it before I have to call someone out, it's cold here and I don't want to wait ages :(

I walk to tank, and follow fuel line back to boiler, bleeding any filters.

At burner Take cover off, 4 philips screws, undo 15mm plug facing you, beeneath black nipple thing with slot (dont touch its press adjstment)

air should start to froth out. retighten. press tit and see if it fires.

I actually undo flexi and check flow at burner, should be a healthy flow. if it aint .drop filter/s. .whther you do this.up to you. remember you turn oil off when you disconnect etc :rolleyes: but if I were you i would skip this bit... ;) and just see if it fires doing plug thing. I say healthy flow.dependent on tank position etc..

Sponsored Links
Hi Wilhelm, thanks very much for your help, I did what you said and it worked great, the only problem that I have now is that I can't seem to keep the water pressure up. There was no water pressure so I undid the screw thing on the inlet to build the pressure up but as it heats up it comes out of the overflow, there is a pressure relief valve and it seems to be stuck open a little bit, any ideas??
Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back