Potterton Boiler's Lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been reading some people's problems with their boiler's locking out. Mine has started doing this, when i reset it, it will light and stay lit for a while then locks out again, i'm guessing by reading some of the forums it's the PCB. Can anyone tell me if it is safe enough to keep resetting the system? :evil:

Sponsored Links
I take it to be a Suprima?

Fine to keep resetting, that's what's there for!

When the nuisance factor kicks in, it's time for more investigation.

baxpoti said:
I take it to be a Suprima?

Fine to keep resetting, that's what's there for!

When the nuisance factor kicks in, it's time for more investigation.

Great thanks, yes it is a Suprima 50.
I don't have a clue about boilers etc, will need to get someone out to take a look. Can put up with resetting it at the moment. Here it can be bit expensive if it is the PCB!

Suprima here - have been resetting for the last couple of months, got a new PCB fitted last night and HURRAH, can wake up to a warm house again :)

Gradually detiorated until we reset over 30 times in a day and never even got warm radiators.

Sponsored Links
lawless said:
I've been reading some people's problems with their boiler's locking out. Mine has started doing this, when i reset it, it will light and stay lit for a while then locks out again, i'm guessing by reading some of the forums it's the PCB. Can anyone tell me if it is safe enough to keep resetting the system? :evil:
Jesus, Where you been the last two tuesday nights at approx 19.00

VS said:
Suprima here - have been resetting for the last couple of months, got a new PCB fitted last night and HURRAH, can wake up to a warm house again :)

Gradually detiorated until we reset over 30 times in a day and never even got warm radiators.

Was it costly to replace?

I pulled a swift one - worked out what it was in December and signed up quick to British Gas Homecare package then miraculously had a breakdown 6 weeks later :)

Guy told me they are 180 quid new plus labour. I've seen reconditioned ones on fleabay for 35 or similar, if you have a pet corgi man to fix it for you ... however, the new revision *supposedly* is free of this problem, whereas a recon wouldn't be :)

I got a brand new one of the most recent pcb for £89 on ebay. No problems since it was fitted.

If you remove the PCB (when all power turned off and fuse pulled) and look at the soldered joints under a magnifying glass you will probably see that many of them are cracked due to poor soldering - this is the reason it keeps going to lockout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back