Potterton Combi 80 - bubbling noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hope someone can help. When I switch off a hot water tap, our boiler sounds like a kettle - lots of bubbling noises and the occasional !small! bang.

Also, the pump is getting noisy when the central heating is on.

I haven't a manual for it (and would love to know where I can get a copy), and have exhausted the things I've been told by my dad, which is set the operating pressure to around 1 bar and bleed all radiators.

People at work have suggested I bleed the boiler itself (?) or add something to a radiator (??).

My wife suggests a new boiler, but would really rather not!

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
phoned a nice lady at Baxi-Potterton on 08706060780 and she is sending something through.

Any help on the noises would be good, though.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply. Is this something that is cheap to fix, and would the part still be easily available?

I'm not particularly asking for a quote (I've read the rules on the site), but roughly how long should it take someone to do the work?

I take it that wouldn't fix the other noises - or may they be related?

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back