potterton combi 80 c/h cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a potterton combi 80. The hot water is too hot almost boiling and the c/h only come on when it want too. it has also started to lock out sometimes. (red light on, needs to press lock out button to restart).
This morning it took about 3 hours before it decided to come on. The hot water was boiling hot. it fires up on hot water every time. It was on most of the day but cut out about 3 or 4 times. didn't lock out just didn't fire up on c/h.
I have read some other posts on this site about lock outs but i think my fault is a bit different. Please please can anyone help before i order parts i may not need. Many Thanks, Ray

Sponsored Links
Suspects would be a couple of

Pump
Diverter valve
Timer
pcb

Most likely to be the diverter. Have had one case of this model where the injector was too large. Input test will quickly eliminate the latter

Sponsored Links
Im sure the pump is working ok.
I dont have a timer on it so its possibly the diverter or pcb,
I guess i will start with the diverter valve.
since posting the question it is working, however it does do that from time to time and then it will stop again. Does that help diagnose the problem.

Hi Sunrays,

I hope you manage to solve the problem.
Can you please post what the problem was about and its solution?

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back