Potterton combi boiler does not light!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

Our Baxi Potterton Promax Combi 24 HE Plus A combination boiler does not fire up. When there's a call for heat, the fan comes on and there is a clicking sound at irregular intervals up until around 10 seconds then the fault code E133 appears. The manual seems to point to the gas valve, but really how often would these go wrong? Is this a common fault or could it be something else? Also, do the 'clicks' mean there is definately a spark at the electrodes, or could this potentially be the problem?

Any advice would be appreciated
TIA
John

Sponsored Links
There are several other ( and some cheaper ) possibilities.

But as its gas related we dont give DIY advice and suggest you call a competent boiler engineer.

Tony

Almost certainly a simple fix but as agile has said it's gas related.

Call an rgi in.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies!
I know you cant give advice as it is a gas installation but I'm just curious to know if the clicking sound can occur even if the electrodes are not sparking. If only the electrodes sparking can create the clicking sound, I'll know that it is more likely the gas valve and dont have to call in the engineer again (charging £45) as I have a gas valve on order.
Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back