Potterton combi, advice on intermittent e133

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping for some advice on an intermittent e133 error code on my potterton promax combi.
Boiler is 5 years old, though don't think was serviced for first 3 years before I moved in and has annual service last 2 years since I've been here - latest oct 2015.
I'm aware the error code is related to gas supply/ignition code.
TBH I'm not sure how well the service was done. He is gas safe reg (checked details on GS website) though was only here about 20 mins.
Tue eve/Wed morn last week the boiler took a couple of resets before it cleared. Boiler has not done this error before and has been ok since. I'm wary with the Christmas period coming up and we have relatives staying.

I'm reluctant to get the same guy back, so will try to find someone new.
Don't seem to be having much joy on recommendations from family/friends.
E.g. is popping your post code into the gas safe website for local engineers a good place to start?

Also wondering if this e133 code is generally a pain in the a**e to diagnose?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
E133 is an easy fault to diagnose, if you do use gas safe post code checker just remember being gas safe registered does NOT mean you know how to fix a boiler! Its probably a coincidence that the boilers now faulting and not anything to do with a service in october.

E133 is an easy fault to diagnose, if you do use gas safe post code checker just remember being gas safe registered does NOT mean you know how to fix a boiler! Its probably a coincidence that the boilers now faulting and not anything to do with a service in october.

Will do - thanks for the help.

And 20 mins is about right to service this boiler.

Sponsored Links
Call potterton and give them your post code and they will tell you who they recommend or get them to do it, I dont like conflicting anyone but 20 mins ????? flue gas analysis at best not a service by any means.

You can fully strip per MIs put it back together analyse gas rate etc under 20mins

You can open the combustion chamber, clean the inside and put back together with a new seal and then run for 5 min to stabilise and do an FGA all in 20 min?

But where is there time to warm up the heating to see if the EV is operation correctly?

Some of my customers in Stamford Hill take five minutes to get any money out of their wallet !

Nowhere in the M.I.'s does it say you have to open the cc, unless you suspect there is a problem in there. Re expansion vessel, close valves, open drain, check pressure, all of five mins. All over visual, check electrodes, clean trap, gas rate while analysing, print ticket (i don't fill out anymore unless its a cp12). Obviously some do take longer but as none of us were there it could have been a kosher service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back