Potterton Combi problem / HW O.K. No C.H.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Potterton Lynx electronic boiler started playing up over 1 week ago, whereby the C.H fired up for around 20 seconds only until the on the Temp C.H. light hit the top red neon and the boiler control sequence dropped from Full flame to demand. The boiler will generally fire up again after say 15/20 minutes and cut off again and this goes on repeatedly. When the fault first happened the upstair rads were getting hot, now none of the rads are getting hot, up or down.

I have had a few comments from this board indicating that it could be the diverter valve or blockage in pipes/heat exchanger and as a result I had a local engineer out, who did not seem to know what he was doing ( the boiler is nearly as old as the engineer ( 15 yrs old ) or so it seemed. As a result he changed the pump and this has made no difference. He said that in his opinion it could not be the diverter valve or heat exchanger, any ideas as I prefer not to have him back and I may have to get Potterton out.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have only just noticed that the HW will not work at all unless the Boiler switch and the CH switch are on, although the CH is not working correctly.

Thanks

This is amazing! I suggested that diverter valve may have failed.

You call someone, he does not seem to know what he is doing and changed the pump which could not be the problem anyway.

It still does not work and you want him back again.

I would question why you presumably paid him when he has not fixed it.

It seems we are wasting our time giving you advice when you are ignoring it and chosing to employ someone who by your own admission clearly does not know what he is doing.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back