Biasi M90E 28S No H.W unless C.H is on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I an new to boilers so go easy on me.

I keep intermitently getting no hot water and have worked out that when the C.H is on it always works. When the problem occurs the boiler doesnt even fire, I then switch the heating on and it fires straight away and I can get H.W.

Done a little research, think the service manual is pointing me at diverter valve, HW flow switch or regulation ignition PCB.

Are there any tests I can do to see where the problem lies?

Sponsored Links
I expect the DHW flow switch is not reliably operating.

The earlier ones used a clip on Hall effect detector just to the left of the pump which illuminates a red LED when it senses DHW flow.

If that is not always sensing the flow then it needs a reg gas engineer as the gas valve needs to be removed to access the shuttle which will be sticking.

It also seems the diverter valve is also not operating totally correctly.

But like many things, without being in front of the boiler its not always possible to diagnose the exact problem without a succession of tests.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back