Potterton Control need replacing??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If the timer is set to twice - when the designated time arrives, you can hear the whir of the pump (or whatever) starting up...the HW and CH appear on the timer. SOMETIMES the heating/hot water works...other times it doesn't although you're still hearing the noise. Other times...it will start to work....and although still on 'timed'...the radiators will get cold although if you were looking at the timer it would appear all was working well.

Same happens if you put BOTH switches down to '24 hours'. You hear it 'start' ..boiler fire up....it may work for 4 hours....then you realise the radiators are cold.

When it is on 'timed' to come on at 7.30 in the morning...you can hear it going...but there again....sometimes the heating is on...but like this morning....cold rads!

Help! We've had a new motor put in in the airing cupboard...but that appears to be working fine. Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
some info on boiler and system might help

Help! We've had a new motor put in in the airing cupboard...but that appears to be working fine. Any ideas??

:confused: I think this IS the motorised valve? Its a small silver box in the airing cupboard..with a lever that 'moves' from right to left. I think right the valve is open....left closed.

The central heating system runs off oil. The boiler is...

Merlin
Model No. 45/65 65/95 100/150 150/185 (this is direct from the Instruction booklet)

I've just checked the boiler. The orange 'burner' light is ON - but is not fired up. The switches on the picture above are both DOWN to 24hours. It's making a noise inside the house as if a pump is working but the radiators are COLD! :cry:

Sponsored Links
sorry Ms boop, as my name implies I am gas and gas only - never touched oil in my life!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back