POTTERTON EP2001 HELP!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton EP2001 control panel. Went on fritz a few months ago but plumber came & said the battery had shorted it so took it out & reset. No battery replaced, just left it out. All good. Then today had to turn off the electric to replace light in bedroom & now display went blank on turning back on, no heating or hot water, buttons wont do anything. I tried pressing a few but now the display has a few lines for some digits on it, but not working still & buttons do not appear to do anything still. I've tried turning off & on at the switch but that hasn't worked, neither has turning electricity off & on again. Is it just a matter of getting a new battery in it, as there is no battery in it at all right now & hasn't been since it wont on blink a few months ago. Would it be because there was no battery in it the last few times the the power was outed? Please help.

Sponsored Links
Someone has said that the powerboard might need replacing (Still not been able to get anyone to look at it yet) Does anyone know if you can replace just the face/digital display without taking off all the wiring? Any help will be appreciated.

Fit a new battery. It is needed to keep all the settings if the power goes off.

Sponsored Links
The EP2001 is obsolete. You might want to consider fitting an EP2002 which will go straight on the existing back plate. Or an EP2.

They are both still available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back