potterton ep2002 controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whilst decorating i have managed to blow up the room thermostat which in turn has caused my ep2002 c/h controller to burn out... i bought a new room thermostat ( (honeywell t6360b) and a brand new ep2002... fitted the controller and boiler fired up for hot water.. but as soon as we turned the thermostat around for central heating the controller went pop again ... any ideas please cos its cost me 140 quid so far

Sponsored Links
You wired it up wrong, if you don't know how to wire it now you haven't got the old one for reference call a heating engineer

Sponsored Links
i left the back plate as was mate ... on the controller just fixed the face plate on.. the boiler fired up as normal for hot water .. the problem happened when i turned the room thermostat to call for heat for the central heating

That implies the line in connects to the neutral when you turn it on, instead of sending power to the ch valve.

so the thermostat is wired incorrectly ... and this would cause circuit board on the controller to go pop

If the r/s sends full power down what shoul be the neutral, yes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back