Potterton EP2002 + Prt2 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I read few topics about EP2002 and it seems HW and CH work together, however... thermostat in the room Potterton Prt2 does not seem to be in a good working order.

What is happening?
I have set up a time on EP2002. It turns on like it should, but:

1 - I know that CH will heat the water automatically, but should it work the other way around? I mean, if I turn on only HW, CH is working too. The red light on EP2002 does not shows up, but radiators are getting hot. Is it right? Only way to turn off CH is to turn off radiators.

2 - When I turn on CH, water off course will heat too, but even when Prt2 thermostat shows temperature 'Reached' radiators are still hot, like all the time, they are getting cool only after turning off EP2002.

I think the idea of using thermostat is to keep the same temperature all the time, so water in radiators should circulate and stop circulating depending on temperature in a flat. Am I right? If yes, what could be the problem, EP2002 or maybe Prt2 or something else?
Could replacing EP2002 with EP6002 and setting up different timers for CH and HW would solve the problem?

It is getting colder and colder outside so if someone could please answer asap, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Krystian

Sponsored Links
Which of these have you got? View media item 38425 View media item 44939If its the 3 port then there's where the fault will most likely be.

I have this:

I found out that when HW is turned on, on this device CH light is on and when I turn on CH - HW light on device is on.
Thermostat is the room is turned on when CH is turned on, so looks OK.

So it looks like cabling could be swapped around? ...or device on picture faulty?

Remove the 2 screws and pull the head off. Check that the spindle moves freely. Operate the system in HW, CH, and HW/CH and see if the powerhead actually moves to the 3 positions. Make sure also that the head is fitted the correct way round, ie the CH mark is pointing to the CH (bottom pipe)
Cabling does not suddenly swap around, unless you have interfered with it.

Sponsored Links
Remove the 2 screws and pull the head off. Check that the spindle moves freely. Operate the system in HW, CH, and HW/CH and see if the powerhead actually moves to the 3 positions. Make sure also that the head is fitted the correct way round, ie the CH mark is pointing to the CH (bottom pipe)
Cabling does not suddenly swap around, unless you have interfered with it.

I was working whole weekend, so I did not have a time to check it.
But finally today I did and... it works!!!

I did like you told.
The spindle could not move easily. It was enough to use WD40 and it works like a charm now.

Many, many thanks!

Krystian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back