Potterton Flamingo won't stay lit... sometimes?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just after some advice if possible please. My Potterton Flamingo boiler keeps tripping out, and if I re-light it, it'll run (pilot and main burner) for a couple of mins before switching off again. The pump seems to be going ok, and there's plenty of water in the filler tank in the loft. The guy who usually services the boiler (and who flushed it through a couple of years ago after finding lots of gunk in the system) says it's possibly the thermo-coupler in the boiler? Unfortunately, although he's serviced and looked after the system for years, he's no longer Corgi registered, so can't fix it this time, and I'm going to need to find a new engineer :(

In case it helps it's a Potterton rs35-50 with a Horstman H527 timer/controller on the wall, and Grundfos Selectric pump. Immersion tank thermostat is set to 80 (always been set to that, but turned to 60 and still had the problem) and it doesn't seem to make a difference if I set the thermostat in the boiler to anything from min, thru 1 - 5, to max.

Sponsored Links
50p says it's the thermocouple. They last anything between 6 months and 3 years on mine (coastal area).

There aren't many things in a Flamingo to go wrong (hooray!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back