Potterton Heatmax 28HE or Biasi Riva Advance 32HE

Sponsored Links

The boiler will run and run with outout a pipestat heating the whole house untill the temperature increases near the boiler and in winter this wont as you dont have space heating at the boiler hence a frost stat/pipe stat.

The pipe state will shut the boiler off when the return temp is 25-30c

In the MI of the Baxi Main it says its built in frost stat will kick in when needed heating the return to 30c .
I no from experience that that this doesnt happen and your whole house heats up .

Never had a problem with them shutting down at the preset 30 fit lots in lofts and never had a customer mention excessive heat in winter ,my own is in there so have everyday knowledge of it .
each to there own but cant see a pipe stat set at 30 being any more accurate than the built in manufacturers one also set at 30

Sponsored Links
Cant comment on your ideal logic as the thread is about potterton heatmax a completely different boiler with different components

To be correct the RGI has to fit the mounting bracket to the wall, assemble and fit the flue, install the gas supply and commission the boiler!

Not many RGIs would do all that for £100.

I would prefer the Biasi M110 to virtually any other similar boiler.

Tony

A boiler's internal frost stat protection - assuming this is a loft install (can't be faffed to read the whole thread) will be fine. Installing a pipe stat will do squat for the internal controls on the boiler.

The boiler will run and run with outout a pipestat heating the whole house untill the temperature increases near the boiler and in winter this wont as you dont have space heating at the boiler hence a frost stat/pipe stat.

I have a Honeywell CM927 thermostat (fantastic), surely the boiler will only do what it's told by the stat?

Or do you mean that trying to protect its self it'll keep getting hotter?

It will have its own internal protection that will kick in if it gets cold.

Normally a sequence like the pump spinning up for heating at 7 degrees and the burner firing at 5. Shut down will be at 20 something or other.

Some boilers will vary.

The Honeywell will control the house temps.

Don't think much of your RGI BTW.

I have a Honeywell CM927 thermostat (fantastic), surely the boiler will only do what it's told by the stat?

Or do you mean that trying to protect its self it'll keep getting hotter?

Yeah with the pipe and frost stat when it gets cold itl just run til around 30c then shut off before iit has chance to heat the whol house up.

LOL just give me a clue , i dont know many one man bands mind if that what he is unless hes got his van well marked up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back