Potterton Heatmax 28HE or Biasi Riva Advance 32HE

Sponsored Links
middlesborough out of interest if you do fit a seperate frost stat and pipestat on a combi because you say the internal one is inaccurate how do you wire the internal one out ?????

middlesborough out of interest if you do fit a seperate frost stat and pipestat on a combi because you say the internal one is inaccurate how do you wire the internal one out ?????

I don't get involved with electrics and im not saying the built in frost stat doesn't have a function.

Its always been standard practice to fit a boiler exposed to outside conditions with a frost/pipe stat.

ive often wondered why a boiler that says it has frost protection requires any additional controls but working as a subcontract on new builds they have always had pipe/frost stat added.
I have always followed suit on any installs i've done for myself .

I fitted a an Ideal logic the end of last yr but the merchant forgot to send the pipe stat . I asked the spark if it really needs it and he said the frost stat will be ok on its own.

Few days ago the customer call telling me the heating kept running all the time when it was frosty. I had a pipe stat fitted as was originally intended and haven't heard of the problem since .
I had a similar issue with a baxi Main .

I do know about the electrics and the built in frost stat on these gets its power from the board and cannot be interupted to cut off any earlier than 30 degrees,
The onlly thing adding an additional frost stat /pipe stat could achieve is having a higher shutting off temp when wired in on the heating circuit

Sponsored Links
All im interested in is getting my installs up and running working correctly and getting no call backs .

I dont get involved in electrics and i stick to what i know works .

Pipe stat/frost stat and no call backs.

As i said ages ago each to there own but in relevance to this boiler your way would only add expense and achieve nothing .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back