Potterton Housewarmer HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, it's getting cold and I should have got this sorted before now!!

We moved into a house with a Potterton Housewarmer gas fire/back boiler.

Firstly, we have NO operating instructions so I'm hoping someone here might be able to bring warmth to our home :)

These are some of the problems:

1. When I light the gas fire, it will stay lit for maybe 20 mins and then splutter out! Even the pilot flame goes out too.

2. There's no heated water for the tank or the central heating. I've checked the obvious like the timer in the airing cupboard and thermostats etc etc but nothing seems to work.

On the right hand side of the fire is a slider control UP/DOWN, a rocker switch and a small button. There's also a light RED/GREEN. The light is alway off and I can't seem to get it to switch on, just the occasional flash of green or red when I mess with the switch.

Rarely I hear what sounds like the back boiler firing up but I'm guessing it quickly goes out as there's still no hot water.

I'm located near Bridgend, South Wales so I guess I need to get someone in - any recommendations for this area?

Cheers

John

Sponsored Links
Very sensitve pilots on these , get it serviced and it will be perfectly ok

Thanks for the replies guys.

What should I expect to pay for a service?

Sponsored Links
Not meant to give prices. Can vary throughout parts of the country.

For a back boiler around £60-90. ring round!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back