Potterton Housewarmer Mainflame not firing up on occasions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello kind people.
We have a Potterton Housewarmer mainflame that does not like to stay on! The problem is, is that the Central Heating will come on and the red LED on the side of the fire in the sitting room comes on if it doesn't fire up after 30 retries (30 tics). It then has to be MANUALLY reset by the push of the reset button. This is obviously a pain if it fails to come on in the early hours of the morning.

Please help as we are expecting a baby this winter and need to get the "Heater won't stay on" problem rectified.
It was also serviced less than a year ago, we also moved in 8 months ago (the tail end of last winter) and it was doing the same thing.

Many thanks.
Specialbeat

Sponsored Links
call in potterton, they have a fixed rate to repair it

i dont know squat about these

Sponsored Links
The above fault is identical to the one i have with my Potterton, my service engineer has replaced the main gas valve and the pilot assembly, interestingly he had to change the pilot twice as the first one would not work correctly, the problem still persists, he has now taken away most of the paperwork relating to our boiler so he can get some more info,that was three weeks ago now and despite several phone calls we still are no further forward. He had spoken about the possibility of it requiring a PCB, how likely is this? any help would be appreciated. Is there an actual Potterton engineer i can call in ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back