Potterton Housewarmer 45 blowback roar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Housewarmer 45 which about a year ago started to make a roaring sound when the boiler fired up. I turned the boiler off and had it serviced and cleaned and it has behaved perfectly since, until recently the fault has restarted.
The roaring sound is caused by the burner igniting in the lower chamber of the gas burner. The stainless steel gauze filter has been cleaned .This usually occurs at the initial start up each day (when the flue is cold?) The boiler has been cleaned and a new gas valve has been fitted but the problem seems to be getting worse. A corgi engineer has been and reset the burner pressure but the problem is still occurring. Can any experienced Corgi engineer help?

Sponsored Links
I dont see how anyone could have thought the gas valve was involved in the problem.

Obviously I have not seen it but it sounds to me that anyone who changed the gas valve had no idea of what the problem might have been.

I would expect the inside of the burner assembly is clogged or the burner is seriously corroded.

My first step would have been to have removed it and washed it out using mains pressure water to assist cleaning it. Did your guy do this?

Tony

Tony you would be wrong on this one. Been there done it and got the tee shirt.

I wonder if the gas valve was fitted as per the instructions. Had one such defect about a month ago

Sponsored Links
Sorry, Tony but have to agree with DP and Oilski on this one. The soft light function is failing and the burner is lighting on full flame whcih is causing light-back in the burner tube. (Potterton should produce "Been There - Done It" tee shirts for this model)

To the OP - I hope the correct gas valve was fitted as a replacement.

In that case why did the new gas valve not solve the problem?

I can't be right ALL the time!

Tony

Worked it out know . His medication stops working around 11pm ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back