Potterton Kingfisher 2- Pilot light on but not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a kingfisher 11 boiler and it has been working fine. The pilot light is on but I have no central heating nor hot water. Seems it is not igniting to warm up the hot water.

Can anyone help? or anyone want to have a look? Please reply..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What controls do you have on the system? Thermostats, motorised valve(s) etc. If pilot is burning then this may mean the boiler is not getting a 'call' to fire from the external controls.

There is a timer and also a thermostat. I have also put the heating on 24 hrs etc but still nothing. So you think there is a block somehow in the injector?

Sponsored Links
Right. sounds like you have a fully pumped system. Look for a motorised valve, may be one or two, follow the top pipe of the pair going into side of cylinder. Valve(s) should be nearby!

It could be, but these systems work in a sequence. Pump and boiler are last, so if the problem is before the pump then the pump wont work.

Can you have a look or know anyone who could have a look at it. I am null when it comes to boiler

Check the boiler thermostat (r/h side under the cover)

Make sure it is not on zero. turn it up & down, does it click?

If not it could be the problem

You cannot do much more under the cover.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back