Potterton Kingfisher MF CF 100 Flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’ve had a Potterton Kingfisher MF CF 100 Floorstanding boiler in the outside shed for 20 years and it’s still working brilliantly. I had my annual gas service and Homeserve spotted that the internal flue tube (goes up to the shed roof and out) had corrosion and a hole. They shut off the boiler and said get it fixed and the gas insurance cover will continue.

I got another 2 engineers out to fix it, they both said not possible (one says no parts available, the other said just can’t be done).

It’s literally the flue tubing, can a replacement not be found?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You need to use a flue which is approved by the manufacturer - you can't just lob any old thing on there. Suggest you or your installer contacts Potterton to find out what's available, but prepare yourself for needing to buy a new boiler

Many thanks muggles and ianmcd for your replies. Yes everywhere on the internet it says the flue is obsolete.

Ianmcd I’ve reached out to the company you’ve recommended, I’m prepared for a new boiler but I just need a temporary fix so I can source and prepare the best deal.

Sponsored Links
What length are you looking for I think Iv'e got some 5" Il in my shed.

you only need enough to do cut out and replace the holed section, obviously you will need two clamps for the bit that you cut out, but the clamps are a lot more readily available than the flue so could be do able

5" Il should be right for the job, will check how much I have tmrw. Just googled selkirk 5" Il flue pipe- loads about

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back