Potterton Kingfisher MF Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm just posting to see if anyone has had a similar problem to me.

My boiler works.

BUT...

Once the boiler has been on and heated up the tank (or radiators etc...) and turned off, then the burner refuses to come back on unless I turn it off and let it cool down. In winter it only takes a few minutes, in summer it can take about fifteen minutes.

So if I have the water set to be on for 6 hours, I only get the first tank heated up, when that goes, the burner doesn't kick in. I have to remember to "flick the water off" everytime someone has a shower or does the washing up.

The pilot light stays lit but there's a ticking noise as if the boiler doesn't know it's lit.

I've had a gas man out who gave it a good clean, checked the pilot and burner and said it was all ok. His thought was that something (my something, it was a while ago - he probably identified a certain part) in the circuit board was faulty and was getting stuck when it got hot... He said I should get a new board.

Thought I'd double check on here to see if anyone had a similar problem before forking out for a new board.

Thanks, Dan.

PS: I'm aware that I have rambled somewhat in this post...

Sponsored Links
You get replies here ( mostly ) from professionals who repair heating and boilers. Not householders who might have had similar faults. But the reality is that can be several causes.

First check is to see if the pump is correctly connected to the boiler to enable pump over run.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back