Potterton Kingfisher2 CF80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know where I can get a complete H/Ex (Part No 204382) for this leaking boiler? Tried the usual but as it's obsolete according to Interpart no ones got one. New boiler would mean new position and plenty of headaches. Besides, system piped in barrel so don't really want to put in a condenser if I can help it.

Sponsored Links
I cant see where it's coming from. It's dripping down onto the burner. It may be one of the O rings between the sections. However, I'll need to remove it and pressure test to prove this. If one of the sections is leaking then obviously this work will have been in vain, something I'm trying to avoid. I take it replacing the O rings is reasonably simple?

I think you'll find all parts are available as separate items. Strip it down and rebuild as necessary?

Sponsored Links
Thanks bp. would you suggest renewing the tie bars? Do these need to be tightened to a specific torque?

The sections will be joined with tapper nipples, no gaskets or orings.

The section will be cracked and un-repairable, and not even a baxi man will get it apart without further damage.

POTT 8204382 HEAT EXCHANGER 68KG

£725.39 + VAT

Parts Center no 450745

The above price is trade :eek:

Is it really worth it? A new boiler would be about the same price

I cannot speak from experience with this boiler but Baxi used gaskets on many cast iron boilers!!

Em, yes they show an O ring kit pt/no 906940

The waterway are seperate if you can get them

Left hand 336-803
right hand 337-806
Intermediate 382-367
Tie bars 358-140

Em, yes they show an O ring kit pt/no 906940

The waterway are seperate if you can get them

Left hand 336-803
right hand 337-806
Intermediate 382-367
Tie bars 358-140

#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DOITALL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#

No hard feelings I hope regarding my last post. I think it was simply a missunderstanding, from a Very experianced point of view i.e. (yourself) to a very new beginner, but willing to learn (myself)

Take it easy

The 'o' rings are avaliable and a half day job will have your boiler leak free for about 10 years.

A pain of a job in labour terms, but not difficult.

Dave

Update:
Removed H/exchanger and pressure tested. One of the intermediate sections was leaking. Managed to get hold of one plus all the 'o' rings. Stripped and rebuilt. System now up and running and one very happy customer. Not a particularly difficult job but a fiddly one.
Thanks for all your replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back