Potterton Lynx 2 - Reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks
Having a bit of a problem with my Lynx 2.
The boiler works fine and provides heat in the radiators and hot water on demand. However it keeps switching to reset mode. It happens randomly. Can work fine for a whole night sometimes. Other times it can show the reset light every 10mins or so. Pressing the reset clears it and it works fine - but only for a limited time and it goes to reset again.

I've had a guy look at it who said I had the heating and/or water dials up too high and turned them down. Needless to say this didnt solve the problem and it doesnt seem to effect the time it's on before reset if the dials are at max or min.

Any idea?
Cheers
Chris

Sponsored Links
why on earth would a manufacturer make a boiler with dials that go up too high? sounds like you need someone who knows a little more about the lynx 2 to have a look at it.

Yeah that was my thoughts too - didnt really trust the guy when he was checking it.
I'm not sure who would know about these - is there a Potterton help line with recommended local traders or something similar?
C

some may disagree with me about this (not that i am not a heating engineer) , but i am not a heating engineer, so we have a contract with british gas

Sponsored Links
the poster asked for recomendations, bg are not the best in the world, but they are reliable. i say this in comparison to all the others we had, which is why we gave up and chose bg

ChrisFP said:
Hi folks
Having a bit of a problem with my Lynx 2.
The boiler works fine and provides heat in the radiators and hot water on demand. However it keeps switching to reset mode. It happens randomly. Can work fine for a whole night sometimes. Other times it can show the reset light every 10mins or so. Pressing the reset clears it and it works fine - but only for a limited time and it goes to reset again.

I've had a guy look at it who said I had the heating and/or water dials up too high and turned them down. Needless to say this didnt solve the problem and it doesnt seem to effect the time it's on before reset if the dials are at max or min.

Any idea?
Cheers

I have the same problem with my potterton lynx 2 locking out at odd intervals. can anyone help please?

Regards Mick

Is that a guess, or do you know for sure that flow restriction is what it is?

had the same problem with mine, it was the DHW thermostat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back