Potterton Lynx G.C. No. 47.590.02

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this combi boiler in my flat. Seems to work fine most of the time but occasionally if the central heating is running and I run hot water when the hot water demand is discontinued the CH pump keeps running but the boiler does not refire so the radiators go cold. I live on the 5th floor in a block and the water pressure is only just over 1 bar (I think - as you can't put more than this pressure into the heating circuit). I thought that this might be due to the low mains pressure i.e. as the pressure is low operating a tap can cause some safety cut out to work in the boiler. Any ideas what else it could be.

Sponsored Links
Click this

Click potterton then the following to take you to manufacturers instructions :- Boiler » Lynx » Lynx RS (GC No. 4759002) » Installation Instructions » Lynx Electronic

Suspect diverter valve - microswitch end or water flow switch without getting too involved in what its all about.

Probs best to get a corgi guy to sort it for you and he may appreciate it if you print that off for him as it has a parts list and fault finding info. Full parts list is at that site anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back