Potterton Netaheat 10-16 Mk1 Electrode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an old Potterton Netaheat 10-16 Mk1. Recently it repeatedly clicks many times before firing up. I beleive the elecrode gap may be incorrect or dirty. Today after returning from holiday the spark generator just keeps clicking (the fan is running) but no ignition. Any ideas - Regards Graham

Sponsored Links
had a few like this and turned out to be the ignition side of the pcb
try a slight tap on the front casing when trying to ignight you'll find it will fire up.

Still no pilot light - relay is working fine but no flame? just clicking and trying to spark

This is a positive case pressure boiler so in view of the safety aspects I cannot advise you to remove the cover or do anythin inside.

I assume you cannot see any spark through the viewing window and the initial pilot flame does not light?

You can check the ignition lead is correctly connected to the PCB or spark generator. You could also connect a makeshift 4 mm gap to see if it creates a spark there.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The sparking plate often breaks off so the spark is intermittent or weak.

Thanks it appears that the metal plate holding the end of the MVV is not making a very good earth - cleaned it up and seems to be working now or at least it is firing up after a couple of clicks from the spark gen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back