Potterton Netaheat 16/22Electronic (GC No. 4160166)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,

Assistance needed please ! :)

Potterton Netaheat 16/22 Electronic (GC No. 4160166)

PCB was replaced and boiler serviced just over a year ago.
(I notice btw that, although its worked fine, the gas safe engineer had just pushed the wires into t4-t7 without tightening the terminal screws)

Anyway now the Pilot light comes on but this is not followed by the burner.

Looking at the fault finding flow chart - I have 240v across t1 and t3 after the pilot has lit - on the flow chart this points to:

"suspect solenoid valve - check leads and connections - replace if neccesary"

My first qu is :
Does "solenoid valve" means the gas valve ?

Second - is there anything not incl on the flow chart which could cause this that I could safely check?

Third - the connections to t1 t2 and t3 are good as is the earth.
Anyone have any ideas of any other common faults with leads and connections on this model?

Fourth - It looks like the gas valves are not available anymore....does anyone know where might I get another gas valve if required?
(Potterton part no 907219. British Gas Part no 392811)
I will of course get a GS engineer to fit it (although not the same one as last time).

thanks very much for your help

krgds

Rob

Sponsored Links
If you have read the forum rules as well as you have read your boiler manual then you will know that we cannot give you advice on gas/combustion related matters!

Thats particularly the case with your boiler as its potentially quite dangerous.

Your chosen gas engineer will know what is needed and he may have some parts kept for this problem just as I do.

Tony

hi Tony, if you're GS - and have a gv or the solenoids - do you fancy coming down near Gatwick ?

There is a very good train service to Gatwick from a rail station just 10 min walk away.

However, that is a costly trip and with these boilers it would need two visits to diagnose and then replace a part. So it would be neither cost effective nor sensible for me to offer to come to you.

I am one of the very few engineers who try to keep a few parts and will make efforts to source parts to repair them but most will be telling you that its well past the time for the boiler to be replaced.

But you could try people close to you and you might find someone willing to try but I would rate your chance of getting anyone to come will be limited to those who want access to someone who needs a new boiler fitted!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply Tony - Ah well, worth a try to get a GSE who is not going to charge me 50 quid to tell me I need a new boiler :)
I dont have the inclination, or funds tbh, to replace the boiler - I try to mend rather than junk as this is generally the greenest (and cheapest!) option.

Have tested the resistances t1-t3 and suspect the main burner valve solenoid. Would you know if these are available or have one? I could then get a GSE to fit.

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back