Potterton Netaheat MKIIF 16-22 not Firing - Obviously a contentious thread!

Hey Agas , I noticed the OP being very polite when seeking information.....now the boiler is working and he doesn't require advice anymore he starts acting the coont...
Can always tell these sort by the way they post when asking for initial help...
Of course he's going to repair that boiler..and if it needed a gas valve he'd fit that too...

Sponsored Links
Maybe one of you kind gents could put together a 'kit' of used parts that could be be used to fix the boiler? And throw in a voucher for 10% off funerals.

OP - I did not find AGAS's comments offensive in any way and you have done yourself no favours for the next time you ask for help. You have a boiler with a track record of killing people. It may be working but it may not be safe. Even if it is 'working' it still needs a regular safety check because this model has an achilles heel which can turn it into a killer if it is not caught in time.

Sponsored Links
I've edited this post because just in case he is down on his luck , but i know one thing he is a liar thou ,

Last edited:
You've got all the chronology of events mixed up but when you use so many expletives in so few sentences it is hardly surprising.

I acknowledge gas works are dangerous and that I am aware that this boiler is dangerous. That stems from the fact that many years ago I came to this forum for advice and had already removed the case at the time. People naturally made me aware of the potential dangers and of the issues with this particular boiler so that is historic.

I then say, "I am simply looking to repair it without deliving too deep.". That means not touching the case if you are unable to work this out.

I had no idea that swapping out a control board could even be classed as gas work as it is not touching the gas but thinking logically it controls ignition so I can see, NOW, that it would perhaps be a risky thing to do if you had absolutely no inkling how to swap the thing over.

Are you aware the problem is already sorted? It simply need the relay contacts cleaning. I am sure you are going to argue that that too is gas work. It's a simple as changing a fuse. The relay can only go in one way so is foolproof.

Had it been the electrode I would have had to call an RGI out but the crux of the matter was not paying over the odds if it was something simple.

Also, at what point have I said it is anyone's fault that I am in the situation I am in.

kick you in the teeth how the fook did i do that ???????

Too difficult to work out for you? Allow me to explain. "and i don't think you would get a RGI to look at it". Like I said before, you don't even know me yet you think you know how I act in any given situation.

Funny how you flip at the slightest questioning of your thread but I guess that's professionalism, right?

After having typed my reply, I see you've all come out as coonts.

At NO point, have I been disrespectful to ANYONE? You should think more carefully about what you choose to read into posts because in the state of mind I am currently in, I would gladly take the ***ing case off and switch it on and you coonts wouldn't give a f**k because that is truly the kind of people you are.

I then say, "I am simply looking to repair it without deliving too deep.". That means not touching the case if you are unable to work this out.
as we can see from your previous threads that you have been taking that cover off more times than a hooker with her knickers :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::censored::censored::cautious::cautious:

"and i don't think you would get a RGI to look at it"
how would you know i expect you have never tried, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: any respectable rgi would be glad of the work and your assumption is wrong in my view and your boiler is 23 + years old ( as you said in other thread ) and a new boiler is needed in near future for YOUR SAFETY especially with your fiddling:cautious::censored:

you need to stop playing the victim card its embarrassing :cautious:

well calling us all counts , so now i don't give a flying fook what you do with your boiler especially when people have given their time to help you:rolleyes:

also you have been playing the SKINT card for the last 7 + years so turn it in FFS we all have problems with money at some point so your not the only one , some people don't even have a home to even worry about a boiler breaking down and not a big old victorian house as you say in other thread .

calling everyone coonts just about sums it up as you've proven dans suspicion:cautious: , stop being a tight git and do yourself a favour and get your DANGEROUS POSITIVE PRESSURE BOILER looked at by a rgi and leave that boiler alone you have no clue about,if not for yourself do it for your families sake .

Last edited:
I had no idea that swapping out a control board could even be classed as gas work as it is not touching the gas but thinking logically it controls ignition so I can see, NOW, that it would perhaps be a risky thing to do

That demonstrates that your lack of knowledge can expose seriously dangerous situations.

That's why some boiler repairs are just not suitable for DIyers!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back