Potterton Netaheat problem ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,

My first post here, so i better explain that i am definitely not a gas installer or repair person, but i would like some information concerning my boiler.

It has been working flawlessly up until recently, now when the pilot light has ignited the boiler there is a very loud "what i can only explain as an arching sound", coming from the boiler, could anyone give a clue as to what this may mean, and would it be fairly cheap to repair?

The boiler is a potterton netaheat 6/10

many thanks for any help given

ttfn

sadsack

Sponsored Links
Maybe i should have explained it in more easier to understand terms,.....

Ever seen a pantograph on top of a train, the one that engages with the contact wire, that causes a large spark, that's arching...

Actually it's arcing.

Back to the boiler problem, possibly ignition ht lead faulty. Don't attempt any work yourself, this is a positive pressure boiler and can let products of combustion into the room if the case seal is faulty. Get a RGI in to look at it.

Sponsored Links
What's a positive pressure boiler? What's the difference? Sorry to jump this post-was just curcious? Do you mean positive pressure fan?

No, means the fan is before the heat exchanger, therefore the case is subjected to an increased pressure compared to the surrounding environment. As opposed to a negative pressure where the fan is after the heat exchanger, thus 'sucking' on the case. These are far less likely to cause CO related incidents in the event of a case seal failure as the products of combustion will still be being blown out the flue as opposed to being blown straight into the room - hence death/injury etc...... Netaheats have a history of this....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back