Potterton Netaheat 10-12

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would like to rent out one of the room in my house which has a Potterton Netaheat 10-16 boiler in it. Is it room sealed ?

Sponsored Links
It should be, however these are part of a 1st generation fanned flue boilers which pulled air in, and therefore there is a CO leak risk if the combustion chamber is not sealed.

It is room sealed. However, getting it serviced and tested and a safety certificate issued against it should ease all your concerns, before letting people sleep in the same room as the boiler. You are bound by law to get it checked if you rent a room.

when you say I am bound by law to get it checked, do you mean getting a certificate or getting it serviced?

Sponsored Links
Service is sensible especially considering the location

As is a CO detector (hard wired so battery does not get 'lost'). Maybe ought to be compulsory wherever an any appliance is in a room used for sleeping- but not as a substitute for proper maintenance/checks.

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back