Potterton Netaheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently moved into an apartment with a Potterton Netaheat 80E which heats both our hot water and our radiators.

The thermostat is set at 40 F (~5 C). Despite current temperatures in the 70F range, the radiators are warm to the touch. How can I heat only the hot water? There are no obvious switches to turn off the radiators.

Any ideas where I might find any form of operators manual?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
No you didn't! Probably a Netaheat Profile
Partsarena.com/baxi
You probably have a faulty 2 or 3 port motorised valve

I did not really expect to find a potterton netaheat profile in the USA !

Please would you post your Zip Code so I can check it on my Garmin !

Tony

<<You probably have a faulty 2 or 3 port motorised valve>>

Thank you - this may help when I call for service.

<<I did not really expect to find a potterton netaheat profile in the USA ! >>

Neither did I. I'm ambivalent about this unit - am told it is of good quality but there are few service options here in Hoboken NJ 07030 (right across the river from New York City).

Sponsored Links
Its my pet hate, special non geographical telephone numbers! Potterton use them but they only work within the UK in the format 0870 or +44870.

Look up Potterton or Baxi on the web and find their training number which is probably a +44 926 xxxxxx style which you can call at the appropriate time of day. When you get through ask for their technical section and see if anyone there can put you in touch with their US support operation ( if there is one !!! )

However, Chris thinks its not the boiler but the motorised valve and he is usually right but we are not familiar with the US way of controling systems and you may not have a typical "English" system as we know it.

Tony Glazier

Thanks Geoff.

The Potty number is +44 1926 405405

I was aware of that site but have added it to my favourites!

It is such a whammy that that site advertises non-geographical numbers on its front page!

Start losing weight for the meal with Eliteheat in about 10 days!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back