Potterton no HW or CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have a potterton gas combi boiler.

pilot light on, pressure at just over 1.

does not fire up for CH - has been like this over 2 months but not needed CH so not had it looked at.

However, now it does not fire up for HW either. Had an old man come over and say it prob just needs a service - do you think its this simple or something more specific?

thanks.....

Sponsored Links
Which boiler model? Puma?
I think you might need a younger man.
rishismiley.gif

story of my life! ;)

had a younger man round who is going to replace the diaphragm! so fingers crossed...

Get the old man to service it then. If that does not make it work then dont pay him anything as he is clearly incompetent. You have nothing to lose.

When he has finished and if it does not work then take details of his CORGI registration and if he is not registered then report him to CORGI for working when unregistered.

In the meantime start saving up for a replair by a proper CORGI registered engineer.

Tony

Sponsored Links
OK so it isn't a Puma. Is it a Lynx?
Changing the diaphragm will not make the heating work.

Young man will have to make you warm some other way.
rishidancesmiley.gif

the boiler is a performa 24 i believe

the guy who has just replaced the diaphragm is indeed corgi registered.

lisasil said:
the boiler is a performa 24 i believe

the guy who has just replaced the diaphragm is indeed corgi registered.

Did it work then :?:

All this suspense, its like a Hitchcock movie!

Did this younger guy make it work?

Is there any evidence of ageism in the apparent sidelining of the older fellow ( even though he did not seem to know what the problem was! )

Tony

Methinks lisa is getting more than her boiler seen to! Must have finished by now. I can understand the old bloke taking this long but....

lisasil said:
story of my life! ;)

had a younger man round who is going to replace the diaphragm! so fingers crossed...
suggest you get a doctor to do that job, and be sure to use lots of that wiggly killing cream, then you won't have to cross fingers or legs :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back