Potterton P60 maintenance Q's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My P60 has been having trouble firing up recently - ticking over 5-6 times before reigniting. I had a reputable London company come for a service and they recommended replacing the PCB (again!), which they subsequently did for £300+VAT. since then, the boiler fires for 2-3 minutes then turns off for 5 or so, then refires. this cycle repeats & the boiler itself is getting warm but there's no hot water & radiators barely heating. so i called them back.

now they say the pump is dead. it was working fine before they did the service, so that's a bit frustrating to hear. their quote for replacing a Grundflos 15-50 is £110 plus £80 labour if valves working, or £130 for full drain down. all figures net, so VAT must be added.

so my questions are ... it's a bit suspicious that now the pump is broken, could of course be a coincidence, but could this in any way be related to the service or an error in fitting the PCB ?

is their quote reasonable for the supply & fitting ?

and is it beneficial to occasionally drain down the system ? should i just do that rather than risk the horror story of flooding the kitchen ?

any help or advice would be much appreciated. thank you !

earl

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back