Potterton Performa 24 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, bit of an odd one.

Got home today to find that there is no hot water coming through my shower or sink upstairs. Seems the burner doesn't ignite on those things anymore, however if I turn my bath tap on, in the same room,instant hot water.

If I then turn the shower on, after running the hot bath tap for a few seconds, the shower stays warm...in other words I have to jump start my shower..
Any idea what could be causing this? It's almost as if boiler isn't even detecting that the shower/sink is asking for hot water.

Both the heating downstairs and upstairs works, bled the rad and while a tiny bit of air came out, not much. Had to fill up the system slightly to get to 0.5 bar at resting, but just seems odd why they have suddenly stopped working.

Another added bit of info, I have an aerating tap and shower head...which obviously have been working fine for a year or so...just seems the boiler has got really temperamental, no pun intended and if you don't turn the taps on all the way it doesn't bother to light...any ideas?

Any feedback, even if "nope, no ideas" appreciated, that way I will atleast know its not something blatantly obvious

Sponsored Links
seems to be a night for dhw diaphragms, have a look at the instructions on how to change it and your boiler pressure should be 1 bar cold.

Thanks for the reply, so this would explain less water hungry outlets staying cold while the fasting flowing are hot?

Sponsored Links
yep as the diaphragm wears it takes more flow to get enough movement to operate the microswitch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back