Potterton performa 28 hot water m

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My potterton performa 28 boiler works fine heating the radiators but has just started to cut out when heating water! it will heat water until the lights reach 80 the the flame cuts until the lights drop down to 40 the re-ignites, it will continue this cycle until you turn off the tap!
the pressure in the system is @ 2 bar.
I seem to remember it doing this about the same time last year (when the temerature warms up and the central heating is not on as much dunno if that helps) my plumber came in adjusted it to a point where it would be ok but only if you kept the temerature dial turned almost all the way down (so not properly fixed).
any help would be most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The normal combi fault after a few years. Sludge in the hot water heat exchanger. Clean it, or not too dear to renew.

The boiler is only two years old! so the first time would have been when it was a year old! could it really sludge up in that short amount of time? could this be done by a keen DIYer or should i get a man in?
thanks for your reply.

Sponsored Links
Yes it could.
Yes you can , if you're "competent" - if you can find someone who can tell you what that means...!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back