Potterton performa 28 not performing !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please, someone help.
I have the above boiler which stopped working. The PCB, gas valve and modulator have been changed in an effort to fix. The gas pressure will not set to the minimum pressure however it is adjusted. The gas valve was not a complete unit when changed, the adjuster tube was transferred from the old one. Are there different valves i.e manual and modulating for this boiler, has the wrong one been fitted? The flame is either all or nothing. :(

Sponsored Links
Was it a CORGi person who changed it?

strange that it cannot be adjusted for min pressure

sure jason or gaz will know what the score is

I seem to remember that there is a version of Baxi/Potty without a mod coil which uses one of the solenoids and has a min/max on the PCB.

Although these boilers all look very similar there are several differences to be wary of.

Tony

Yes it was a Corgi registered person who changed it. He doesn't know why the pressure can't be set so I thought I'd ask the experts. The PCB that was fitted was an upgrade from the original part but would that make a difference.
It's good to know people are willing to help, I look forward to further input. Thanks :)

Sponsored Links
I always try to replace like for like on those as there are so many minor variants.

There is a "later" version of the PCB with the earth connection lead on the opposite side but otherwise its not much different.

I suspect that the combination of parts or installer are not compatible.

Tony

Further information - when you remove one of the wires to the modulator the voltage is supposed to drop, it doesn't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back