performa 28 no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton performa 28 which the heating side will not work. It was working fine last week but now it will not heat the rads.
When the switch is turned to hot water and heating not even the light comes on for the heating, also no matter were the time clock is set ( on or off) the boiler will keep lighting as if you have set it to come on.

Potterton told me it was the PCB so that has been changed but it is still the same

please help :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the clock is giving out power and it is actually going through room stat back to boiler.
What clock and what room stat do you have

Just re read what you put when it keeps firing is the hot water demand light lit.
Even though a tap is not on

Sponsored Links
I think that if the diverter was stuck in the DHW position it would give the problem he seems to be describing. That would be pretty unusual though.

I would be asking if the diverter valve pin extends and retracts when DHW is demanded.

Tony

Is the hot water demand light on? despite the hot taps being closed.

yes the hot water light is on and the boiler firers up even when it is switched heating but the switch does say heating and hot water or just hot water.

The central heating light doesn't light up even when it is asking for it

could it be the the primary flow valve diaphragm damaged or the 3 way valve damaged or blocked but there again why does the central heating light not light up?[/quote]

You're confusing me now.

When the hot water taps are turned OFF is the hot water demand light on the boiler either ON or OFF? ie does the boiler think there is a hot water demand despite the taps being turned off. Forget the mode switch setting.

You're confusing me now.

When the hot water taps are turned OFF is the hot water demand light on the boiler either ON or OFF? ie does the boiler think there is a hot water demand despite the taps being turned off. Forget the mode switch setting.

yes it is on

Open the front panel - screws either side. Look at the circular brass lump on the left. There will be a pin protruding from the centre and a switch in front. If the pin is retracted (ie not touching the switch) the switch could be faulty but if the pin is extended the diverter is siezed. I'm assuming although the boiler indicates a hot water demand there isn't a water leak on your hot water pipes (say under the floor).

Try turning the cold supply feed to the boiler off.

Is the hot water light still lit?

With the cold feed off does the central heating work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back