Potterton Performa 28 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Wondering if someone might be able to shed some light on this:

Got a Potterton Performa 28 that 2 days ago stopped heating hot water, discovered that the diaphram had perished and was not pushing the pin out to engage the DHW microswitch.

Drained system, shut off water and sucessfully replaced the diaphram, reconnected everything, switched on water, repressurised CH system to 0.5bar, powered on the boiler and immediate the flame failure light starts flashing.

Nothing is calling for water, yet the light flashes.

If I switch on a tap, the DHW neon lights, but boiler does not fire up.

Likewise if I switch on the CH, the CH neon lights, but nothing, pump does not start, boiler does not light, just continues to flash the flame failure neon.

I'm stumped, definitely was working fine before I changed the diaphram for the DHW. Fixed one problem and made another! argghhh!! lol

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them before I go any further.

Best Regards and Many thanks,
Chris

Sponsored Links
try increasing pressure to 1 - 1.5 bar

Hi Mick,

Have increased pressure to near 1.5bar on the CH, but still no joy, flame failure light still flashing.

Tried to reset by holding selector to the left for 2-3 seconds, but same old thing :(

Thanks for the tip tho :)

Cheers
Chris

Sounds like you may have got water on the pcb without noticing it when you fitted diaphragm

Sponsored Links
Possible, I've checked the PCB for signs of water, removed it and checked underside as well but no sign...

Guess I'll have to go and get another PCB and see if that cures the problem :)

Scratch that....

It's now working! Perhaps I did get some water somewhere it wasn't supposed to be, the flame failure light did keep coming on with attempts to light the boiler, however after a few attempts, she stayed lit. I'm guessing I did get something wet.

Will keep an eye on it and see how it goes..

Many thanks for all your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back