potterton performa 28 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Potterton Performa 28 is playing up - when running the hot water the radiators are warming up even though the heating is not on.

The hot water is not getting very warm -
particularly upstairs (boiler is located downstairs)

I'm thinking it's either the diverter valve or the heat exchanger - any help/advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
With that diverter valve repairs can be done without removing it.The valve is not closing the heating port,hence poor dhw performance.Most likely to only need a diverter valve kit which contains all the bits needed for an overhaul.Removal of the dhw diaphragm assy is required and replacement of the push rods,stuffing box and while you're at it the diaphragm is all thats required.Isolate all services before attempting.

45yearsagasman - thanks for your responce - any idea where I could get a diverter valve kit from as I can only find a diaphragm service kit for this model... Does another manufacturer do one suitable for it??

I will be interested to learn how you will repair the diverter valve without removing it!

Commercially, I would always replace it on that model.

Tony

thanks for all your help - couldn't find anywhere that sold a diverter valve kit so replaced the whole thing with a reconditioned one from adlink....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back