Potterton Performa 28 - pump or water pressure fault

fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've recently bought a repossessed house which was empty for 6 months and the boiler and water system were completely drained during that time.

I've re filled the boiler and set it to the correct pressure, but it's coming up with a pump/water pressure fault which is a flashing red light by the 60 degree and triangle sign.

When first turning the boiler on and switching to ch/hot water you can hear water going through the system suggesting the pump is doing something, but after 30 seconds or so the light starts flashing,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest what may be wrong? I was hoping it may be air lock at the pump with the system being completely drained until now.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The pump proving microswitch probably isn't making therefore stopping the sequence of operation.
Could just be an airlock preventing it, a blockage or the rubber diaphragm is split.

Remember not to remove inner chamber cover.

Thanks for the reply, is the pump proving microswitch the flow microswitch?

I can bleed the pump if it's possible to do that on this pump to start with

Bleeding the pump is a normal thing to do when refilling a system.

I would always recommend a gas engineer is called to check an unknown system which has not been used for months!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply yes I understand with regard to a heating engineer.

To be honest I just wanted to have a go myself with the more straight forward things, and if I can't get it working I will call someone out, the house is top rent out so I would be getting a certificate for all the gas appliances before anyone moved in anyway.

I'm guessing if I undo the bleed screw and water comes out there won't be anything blocking the pump?

Any tips on locating the pump microswitch? I'm assuming it's close by, I can see a couple of switches to the left of the pump.

Thanks

The pump may well be seized up! That usually happens when not used for months!

See the FAQ on this site!

Tony

Thanks I did read the faq last night which I never realised was there so can test for the pump being seized.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back