Potterton Performa 28i boiler requires intermitent reseting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The latest boiler problem to develop on my potterton performa 28i is that it requires resetting but there doesnt seem to be a pattern to the amount of times it requires re-setting. The boiler has never had to be reset in the past.

During last week there were three mornings when the boiler had to be re-set the boiler flame light and temperature light were flashing - switch the switch to the far left and away the boiler goes again. One of the mornings the boiler had to be re-set twice.

Since those three days it hasnt happened again?!

I have looked in the manual and it says to check the over heat stat and check for continuity - this is ok - the manual says the standard replace the PCB!

Are there any other checks to perform before you would go down the road of changing the PCB. - If the boiler starts requiring more re-sets I will get someone out to give it a check over.

I am starting to get fed up with this boilers constant problems and may decide that its time to end its 7 year life!!

Sponsored Links
has the boiler been serviced lately (or ever)

is there water in it (pressure gauge should read 1 to 1.5 bar)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back