Potterton Performa 28i no ch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have aproblem with a Potterton Performa 28i & I was hoping someone maybe able to suggest a solution,
When I turn on power to the boiler the CH will heat up for a few seconds & then cut out,if I remove the motorised valve from the diverter valve & manually hold pin down & restart boiler the CH will run fine but obviously no HW, with motor fitted the HW is working fine the but when CH is needed the diverter valve doe's not get a signal for the motor to move or the motor has failed,can anyone help in test procedures for motor or PCB.

Thanks In Advance Dave.

Sponsored Links
How old is it ,and if its the model i think then it will be the microswitchs has it got a lead going into the c/h valve red,white and black cable that pulls out

yes it has the three wires as mentioned going from circuit board to motor, The motor never operates to push valve to the open position.

Resistances from centre spade to each end are about 4900 Ohms iirc, and it's mains operated.
Test the flow microswitch on the dhw , changing over as it should?

Sponsored Links
Locrep, is the pin coming out ,when its on c.heating only,or are you pulling it out,its the c/h differential valve ,can you explain to me please

Hi Bobbo85, The pin in the motor is not pushing out,infact motor is not moving at all,if I manually move motor arround so it pushes the pin out the CH works but then no HW.

Hi locrep,if your doing it manually maybe your going to far and giving it c/h priority not h/water

I found the problem, it was a burnt/dirty connection in the motor, cleaned it up & it now works fine.
Thanks Dave.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back