Potterton Performa HE30 - External Controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This boiler is fitted in the garage, the only control is the integral timer. it has no Room Stat. All the radiators have TRV's. I would like to fit a wired Room Thermostat in the house to give me greater control. At the moment I turn off all the TRV's when the heating is not wanted for a few hours, but this seems wasteful as the boiler still pumps around the system.
Would appreciate advice on which Room Thermostat would be most suitable, and any wiring tips.
Thanks Ian

Sponsored Links
Thanks Calla99. A Wireless Stat is the best part of a £100. I would prefer a Wired Stat, much cheaper, and it's a straight run for the wiring into the kitchen.
Ian

Sponsored Links
The kitchen is the dumbest place to put a thermostat.
Honeywell CM921 or 927 is what you need.
P.S.
really dumb ;)

I didn't say I was going to fit it in the kitchen. I did say that I was looking for a Room Thermostat that can be wired in. The CM921 or 927 is neither of those things.
Can anyone recommend a suitable wired Room Stat without being rude.

I think Dan just misread your post, wasn't being rude.

If you want wired, then the CM907 by Honeywell would be more appropriate. You could also use the DT90E if you still wish to use the timer on the boiler to control the timing

Yes, good idea to go the wired route. Cheap wireless stats can be unreliable, good ones pricey. If you don't need wireless, why bother?

Also, best to fit in a room (eg. hall or lounge) where the rad(s) don't have TRVs on, otherwise they will work against each other. Or at least, if there are TRVs on the rads where stat will be, leave them fully on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back