Fitting a room thermostat to a Potterton Performa 24 Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a room thermostat to a Potterton Performa 24? I recently bought a new house and the boiler only has the built in timer with no external thermostat to control when it turns on and off.

Thanks in advance
Matt

Sponsored Links
Probably ....... What does the book of words say ? :cool:

When you say new house is it "New to you" or "New build" ?

Its very easy to do if you follow the installation manual and can safely do simple wiring.

Tony

Turn power off...Undo 2 screws at front of boiler to take front panel off and lets control panel drop down..remove the 2 screws on plastic housing covering the pcb... You will see the live neutral earth connected to a terminal strip and two terminals linked with a bit of wire.. Take the loop out and take live from terminal 1 to your room stat and live back from room stat to terminal 2..

From bottom up it is 2 ,1, earth, neutral ,live

Sponsored Links
follow namsags instructions but at the end add ..... turn power on!

Thats good news thanks very much everyone, it sounds fairly straight forward i'll let you know how i get on.

Thanks
Matt

Thanks for the replies on whether it's possible to fit a thermostat to a Potterton performa 24.

My next question is if i wanted to use a combined programmable timer and room thermostat would it need to be a Potterton product or could i use any on the market. Are there any that anyone would reccomend or that i should avoid?

Thanks
Matt

These are excellent,

Honeywell CM921 programmable room stat.

Hi all

I have a Potterton Performa 28i, can I assume the above applies for my boiler too?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back