Potterton Powermax HE 115 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I will do my best to describe what problems I am having here. If anyone can offer any advice or guidance it would be much appreciated.

The boiler was installed, in a new build, around 2004. We moved in late 2007. The boiler hasn't been serviced since we moved in. Unknown before that. I know, bad!

Late last year we noticed there was a problem with it whereby when the HW came on, the rads would come on too. We lived with it for a while, then called someone out. They came and took a look, said they'd need to call the manufacturer, and that they'd call us back with a quote. They didn't explain what the problem was. They also didn't call back. We lived with it for the remainder of the cold spell, then once the stat was turned right down the rads didn't get hot, so no problem.

Now, we're up to date. I put the central heating on a few days ago and as usual some rads needed bleeding. The pressure dropped below 0.8. I bled the rads and topped up the pressure. I normally top it up to about 1.5 but it usually drops a bit afterwards, so this time I topped it up to about 2.0.

Later, when the heat was on, I noticed it was up to 2.5! I was a bit concerned that that was too high. Sometime after that I had a A04 error. A simple reset fixed that, but it keeps happening. I've also noticed a E03 error too which requires switching off for a while before resetting.

Just now I ran a test with both CH and HW on and the settings were:

C 68-72
U 52
P 1.9-2.0

I then turned the HW off and the C setting went right up to C95 and shut off with a E03!

What's going on, and is any of it user serviceable?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Heating coming on when on hot water is a diverter valve problem. Due to the complexity and poor access to these components its not a diy job.
Baxi will do a fixed price repair, and you get a guarantee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back