Potterton Powermax HE85 - Error 'E7'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm a private tenant who, as of this morning has no hot water!

The landlord's on holiday until the weekend, so I'm after a quick fix (if possible)..

We have the above Combi-Boiler, and since last night we've had no hot water. A quick look at the boiler showed it had gone into lockout mode, with 'E7' displayed. A quick bit of research shows this to be an electrical issue. "DHW Sensor Cable - Open Circuit" to be exact.

When the boiler's in lockout, the pressure gauge is reading at 0.8bar.
If I disconnect the mains, it's straight back to 1.4bar. Flipping the switch causes the pressure to drop instantly, and the boiler goes back to lockout.

Can anyone suggest a potential fix, or is looking like a replacement cable's in order?

Thanks

K

Sponsored Links
DHW sensor open circuit, check cable and plug, if OK

Replace hot water sensor

Part No. 5106290

Thanks for the confirmation..

Checked it when I got home today and the sensor sems fine, connector is ok at the control unit etc etc..

Looks like a call to the spares dept tomorrow.. :(

Cheers!

K

Er... and how did you check it?

And did you check the continuity of the leads?

Its best to check the resistance at the connector after removing it from the PCB.

I once found one which was OK with the plug removed but went o/c when the plug was pushed back on !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
I once found one which was OK with the plug removed but went o/c when the plug was pushed back on !

So what did you do next?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back